The Newcomer Settlement Program provides information and support to help newcomers develop the skills and knowledge necessary to participate in society individually and as community members.
Our in-person services are available by appointment only, please contact the staff for more information. We also offer settlement services and support remotely (email, Zoom and other platforms) and by phone.
For information and to register, please call:
416-532-7586 ext. 402 for Portuguese, Basic Spanish and English-speaking staff.
416-532-7586 ext. 153 for Farsi, Pashto, Dari, Hindi, Urdu, and English.
What services do we offer:
The Newcomer Settlement Program provides immigration support, information and referrals, English Conversation Groups and other workshops on topics including:
- Assisting with immigration and refugee matters
- Applying for identification and immigration documents
- Applying for social assistance, income/government benefits
- Assistance in finding housing or shelter
- Applying for subsidized housing and other housing supports
- Connecting to English as a second language schools/English conversation groups
- Choosing employment programs to help you find a job or continue your career
- Connecting to legal aid and free immigration legal advice
- Accessing healthcare services
- Connecting with community resources (e.g. finding a school for your children, opening a bank account, etc.)
Who is eligible:
The newcomer programs are open to newcomers to Canada (regardless of immigration status), particularly those who need help getting settled in Toronto.
We are providing settlement services and support in-person, remotely and by phone.
Monday to Friday, 9:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
We also offer a free Monthly Immigration Legal Clinic, where a lawyer provides immigration legal advice remotely and by phone.
How to register:
For information and to register:
Call 416-532-7586 ext. 402 for Portuguese, Basic Spanish and English-speaking staff or 416-532-7586 ext. 153 for Farsi, Pashto, Dari, Hindi, Urdu, and English.
Can you help me in a language other than English?
Yes! We have support workers who can assist you in Hindi, Pashto, Urdu, Farsi, Dari, Turkish, Hungarian, Spanish and Portuguese. If you speak a different language, we can arrange for an interpreter.