West Neighbourhood House is grateful for the commitment and dedication of our Volunteers. Volunteers are the lifeblood of the House, and we couldn’t do it without you. We’d love to count you among them!
Whether it’s teaching a child to read or delivering a meal to a senior, you can make an incredible difference in the lives of others through volunteering at West Neighbourhood House. Our volunteers are of all ages, ethnic and racial backgrounds, and experiences.
Volunteering is a great way to:
- Use your current skills for a good cause and learn new skills
- Take personal satisfaction from helping others
- Meet new people, network and create new friendships
- Gain worthwhile work experience
- Make a positive difference in your community
Read stories about the volunteer experience here.
Current Volunteer Opportunities
COVID-19 update: At this time, our usual volunteer positions are currently on hold. We have also paused our corporate volunteering opportunities. However, we are working hard to take care of our neighbours during this public health crisis and are recruiting volunteers for some help with essential support.
Please email email@example.com to find out how you can help.
At West Neighbourhood House, we offer a variety of volunteering opportunities for corporate groups.
COVID-19 update: Corporate volunteering looks a bit different during this time and we will not be coordinating in-person activities. If you have a creative virtual idea for your team, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Volunteering with your staff/team is a great way to:
- Team build in a new environment
- Make a positive impact on people’s lives
- Get to know and appreciate the interesting community members we work with at West Neighbourhood House
See some past examples of corporate volunteering here.
To learn more about volunteering, please email us at email@example.com or call 416-532-4828.