The Respite program provides essential services to assist with activities of daily living, meeting the social and safety needs of clients who continue to reside in their homes.
COVID-19 update: We are running our Respite services as normal, with additional precautions (including PPE) in place.
What we do:
We have a compassionate team of dedicated Home Support Workers who deliver care, respect and dignity to the clients who continue to reside in their homes, as well as their families and caregivers.
Our Respite and Homecare services include:
- Personal Care
- Medication assist/reminders
- Caregiver relief
- Light cleaning
- Essential grocery shopping
- Light meal preparation
Who is eligible:
- Older adults (55 years of age and over) whose illness, physical disability or frailty, isolation or mental frailty threatens their ability to live on their own
- Adults under 55 years of age who are recipients of Ontario Disability Support Program (ODSP)
- Caregivers who provide care and support to a family member
Our service area runs from Bloor Street in the north to Lake Ontario in the south, Roncesvalles Avenue in the west to Yonge Street in the east.
Monday to Sunday, 7:00 a.m. to 9:00 p.m.. We may also be able to provide service outside of these hours upon request and depending on worker availability.
Our office hours are Monday to Friday 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
- Respite: $15.60 per hour (minimum 2 hours/visit). Subsidies may be available based on a financial assessment.
- Private Respite: $28.10 per hour (minimum 2 hours/visit).No subsidies available.
- Respite on Statutory Holidays: $56.10 per hour (minimum 2 hours/visit).
Note: Services performed on behalf of the Community Care Access Centre (CCAC) or referred by CCAC are delivered at no cost to the clients. These services are delivered seven days a week as scheduled by the CCAC.
How to register:
Call Seniors Intake at 416-532-7586 ext. 146
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the difference between respite and private respite?
Respite care is provided at $15.60 an hour to a maximum of 10 hours per week. After that, the rate falls under Private Respite at $28.10 an hour.
What are the objectives of this program?
The objectives of this program include:
- To provide a range of essential support services to seniors and adults with disabilities, so they may continue to live safely and independently at home
- Provide support to caregivers to increase their capacity to continue to provide care to their loved one at home
- To prevent or delay admission to long term care facilities
- To reduce hospital emergency department admissions