Every October, West Neighbourhood House participates in the Scotiabank Toronto Waterfront Marathon (STWM)—an inspiring and fun event that brings communities together. In 2019, we raised more than $50,00 for the house!
Covid-19 update: The race is not taking place in 2020 because of COVID-19 concerns. We hope to get together and #RunForTheHouse again in 2021!
Join our Charity Challenge team!
Walk, run, or wheel this October and raise money for the House.
Wear a costume, beat your personal best, walk with your family, or wheel with friends—no matter how you participate, we’d love to have you on our Charity Challenge team to fundraise for the House! Those who fundraise over $200 can have their event registration fee reimbursed.
Choose the right distance for you—sign up for the 5k, half (21.2km) or full (42.1) marathon.
Questions? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call Shaughn Melvin at 416-848-7980 ext. 301 for more information.
Sponsor a runner, walker or wheeler!
When you make a donation, you are making a huge difference in the lives of low-income people in our community. From our drop-in centres for street-involved adults, to our subsidized after-school programming for kids, we rely on the funds raised through the STWM to keep services running.
Volunteering at our Cheering Stage
Some Cheering Stage info:
- Volunteers are needed at the Cheering Stage from 8am to 11am.
- The Cheering Stage is located at the bottom of Strachan Ave. at Lakeshore Blvd., across from the Princes’ Gates.
- There will be snacks and coffee to keep you fueled throughout the morning and a draw for some prizes after 11am.
- We will have a DJ as well as fabulous Brazilian dancers and drummers keeping the crowd lively all morning.
- West NH t-shirts will be available at the stage for everyone to wear.
Feel free to invite friends and family to join at the Cheering Stage—it’s a really inspiring and fun way to be a part of STWM and support thousands of local and international walkers, runners, and wheelers. There are cash prizes awarded for the best Cheering Stages so we can use all the cheering power we can get! Winning first place would mean $6,000 for the House!
If you are interested in volunteering at our Cheering Stage, email Deirdre at email@example.com or call Shaughn Melvin at 416-848-7980 ext. 301 for more information.