Well, folks, you did it! You helped us go above and beyond our goal, raising over $40,000 during our Annual Appeal. Thank you, thank you, thank you—this House truly could not run without your support! It is inspiring to see so many people giving back to their community and we appreciate every single dollar. Now, let’s put these funds to work!
Your donations make a difference
We deliver 30 programs serving local people of all ages. Here’s how we’re making a difference with support from donors like you:
• We’re opening our fourth After-School Program site for 20 children aged 6 to 12 in Parkdale, reducing the waiting list;
• 70% of the young adults in our Toronto Youth Job Corps program have found a job or returned to school with new and improved life skills, goals, and job readiness after overcoming problems that would otherwise render them “unemployable”;
• 266 women from abusive relationships now have personal support, safety plans and options for managing their lives;
• Most members of our Meeting Place Drop-in are now housed and we continue to connect those with complex addictions and/or mental health problems to treatment or other activities designed to help them survive, stabilize and set positive goals;
• 2,182 seniors, mostly immigrants from the 1950’s to the 1970’s, received home care from our dedicated team of Personal Support Workers. Seniors are staying in the community they know and love instead of moving prematurely to institutional care.
Your donations develop public policy
West Neighbourhood House has a strong commitment to improving social conditions through policy development. This includes better understanding conditions that drive people – particularly young adults – into the informal economy where workers are paid low wages in cash or “under the table”. We are consulting local workers and employers to find solutions that improve the situation without eliminating jobs or causing other adverse affects.
Your donation decision
We know you have choices about where to give. For information about how we adhere to ethical standards and protect donor privacy please visit www.westnh.org/donate/ethicalcode.
As a donor, you are an important stakeholder in West Neighbourhood House. To see our programs at work, or find out more about them, please contact our Executive Director, Maureen Fair, at 416-532-4828.
Nearly half of our 1,400 volunteers are program participants. With your donation, West Neighbourhood House can help local people improve their lives as well as give back to the broader community. Thank you for your support.