Toronto Youth Job Corps
Take control of your future with Toronto Youth Job Corps!
What is Toronto Youth Job Corps (TYJC)?
TYJC is a paid employment program designed to connect youth to the work place through employment, school and/or training. We work with youth, between the ages of 16-29 who are out of school and out of work, to develop important life and employment skills that will ensure future success.
The first phase of the program is called pre-placement. During pre-placement you will:
- Have three days of orientation activities which include a detailed description of the program and expectations, team building and volunteer outings in our community
- Have one day a week of life skill workshops and one day a week of employment workshops
- Have three days a week on a paint site where you will practice your employability skills and learn to paint
- Learn how to create your own resume and cover letter tailored to your job search
- Become a paid member of a five-week Community PaintingProject
- Get the opportunity to explore your strengths, increase stability in your personal life and receive feedback from staff on how you can be a successful employee
- Be paid based on your attendance, up to 35 hours a week at minimum wage
- Receive tokens until you receive your first pay cheque
- Develop relevant work and life skill experience and obtain an employment reference; and
- Have a final evaluation of your participation over the 5 weeks.
The second phase of the program is called placement. During your placement, you:
- Could receive up to 24 weeks paid work placement with an employer in the community tied to your interests and skills
- Will receive ongoing support from staff to ensure you’re developing skills during your employment opportunity
Get in touch with us to learn more: email email@example.com, or call 416-848-7980
If you are interested in learning about other employment programs at West Neighbourhood House, please visit our Employment Program page.