Music School Registration
Fall Registration 2016
Fall term classes will start Monday, September 12, 2016 and run for 12 weeks. After School Opera Program has different dates. Please see below.
Registration deadline for returning students is Tuesday, September 6, 2016 at 6:00 pm.
Current students will receive a letter and new registration forms in the mail that will include information and deadline for fall registration.
New students registration is Friday, September 9, 2016 from 4:00-7:00 ORTuesday, September 13, 2016 from 3:00-5:00. If these times are inconvenient, please call or email the office to make an appointment.
You can download a new registration form here: Music School Registration Form 2016-17. Forms are also available at 248 Ossington reception. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call 416-532-7586 x127 with concerns or questions you may have.
CTKids & Toronto Song Lovers choirs:
Both choirs start the first week of term. CTKids rehearse on Monday, 4:30-5:30 and is open to children 7-14. Toronto Song Lovers rehearse Wednesday 7:00-8:45 and is open to people 14+. No audition or experience necessary. Everyone welcome. Please note that the deadline for registration forms does not apply to the choirs. People may join after the term has started.
If applying for subsidy when you register, please bring a copy of proof of income (for the household)
Partial payment is preferred at registration. Cash and cheque payments are made through the receptionist who will issue a receipt upon payment. If you want to pay by credit card, you have to go through the Music School office/Coordinator.
After School Opera Program
Registration for After School Opera Program starts September 9, 2016. Registration forms will be available through this web site and through reception at 248 Ossington Ave. starting September 9. Fall term starts October 5, and runs for 10 weeks. There is $15.00 registration fee for this program. Cash and cheque payments are made through the receptionist who will issue a receipt upon payment. Credit card purchases go through the Music School office/Coordinator. Here is the registration form for the After-School Opera program:
You can get more information about Suite Life, our free program for youth 14-24 by calling Denese at 416-691-3269 or emailing email@example.com A new poster will be available fall, 2016.
For returning students:
- We prefer if ALL FEES for the term should be paid at registration (before classes start). But at least half the term should be paid before the term begins. The other half is to be paid by mid-term. An alternative payment plan can be worked out with the Coordinator at time of registration.
- All outstanding fees must be paid before registering for a new term.
- Returning students may register by mail, hand delivery, email or in person. No registrations will be accepted over the phone. All students must complete and sign a registration form for the Music School.
- If you want to reapply or apply for subsidy, you must provide a copy of your proof of income with the completed registration form. You also must provide a copy of your proof of address.
- Please make cheques payable to West Neighbourhood House.
- Cash and cheque payments are made through the receptionist at 248 Ossington. She will issue a receipt upon payment. Please note that they do not know lesson amounts or what is owing. That is confidential between the family and the Music School office. If you want to pay by credit card, you must go through the Music School Coordinator.
- The Music School office does not take unscheduled appointments. Please call ahead to book an appointment.
- Forms received after the deadline will NOT be given priority and will not be guaranteed a space.
Registration for new students:
- All new registrations must be done in person. The student doesn’t need to attend registration as a parent/guardian can complete the task for them.
- At registration, you will fill out and sign a Music School registration form.
- If you wish to apply for financial assistance (subsidy) you must bring a copy of proof of income for the entire household. Proof of income could be a T4 slip or a copy of a cheque stub.
- You must also provide a copy of your proof of address. (driver’s licence or other photo ID with address)
- Lesson time and date will be mutually decided at registration with the Coordinator.
- Partial fees must be paid at registration. An alternative payment plan can be worked out with the Coordinator at time of registration. The full fee should be paid by the middle of the term.
- If you cannot make the set registration times, please notify the Coordinator to set up an alternative appointment.
- Please note that returning students get first choice of lessons. Whatever spaces remain will be given to new students. We cannot guarantee spaces for all requests but we make every attempt to accommodate everyone.