Fix The 6ix
West NH and Fix the 6ix
West Neighbourhood House is currently the trustee of Fix the 6ix.
About Fix the 6ix
Fix the 6ix is a grassroots organization that addresses poverty in Toronto. Launched by students at York University in 2016, Fix the 6ix is rooted in the philosophy that Toronto belongs equally to everyone, and that much is to be gained by supporting all individuals who call the 6ix ‘home’.
All of their programming is designed to give back to the city we love with no direct cost to the donor. Learn more about their two programs the ReGiftcard and 100 for the Homies.
Fix the 6ix Mission, Vision and Values
Fix the 6ix strives to support Toronto’s most in-need and marginalized residents. In line with our values of promoting equity, inclusion and the importance of social capital, we work to advocate for and serve the homeless community using a no-cost donation model.
We seek to do this in three ways:
- Providing goods and peripheral programming to shelters
- Donating gift cards to individuals on the street
- Humanizing homelessness by sharing the stories of those we serve
Vision: The ultimate goal
- To alleviate internal pressure on Toronto homeless shelters by subsidizing programming
- Giving in-kind donation to individuals on the street that offer the power of choice
- To offer visibility and inspire a new understanding of the homeless community in Toronto
Values: The beliefs at the core of our work
- Importance of Social Capital